- Television/Press - In the 2008/9 season Breakfast Regional Round Up covered a story of the robotics programme. A feature story for Sunshine Breakfast show has been filmed with the Free Range team and Massey University's team. We have been interviewed live on TV ONE, and also been on Shine TV twice. See Free Range Robotics in the News. We are currently negotiating more TV coverage regarding our second year Champion status.
- Profile and promotional distribution at events, crowd sizes range from 200 to 1,000 plus.
- Promotional events.
- Corporate / Sponsors functions.
- National competition series, these events are run at Universities and Schools around NZ.
This will give the team a competitive edge and allow them to professionally represent the Sponsor in all situations.
- Logos / signage on pit area and team uniform. Team Members will professionally represent the Sponsor and wear appropriate apparel or signage.
- Use of the Robot at promotional events etc (wherever possible, by arrangement).
- The robot will represent the Sponsor at all competitions
- Promotional material will be distributed to media regarding the team and Sponsor.
Premium or Individual Sponsorship
We are seeking:
- Sponsorship for the whole team, Premium Sponsorship, with an investment to the value of $27,000. This would give the sponsor naming rights on the robots, and priority signage on the robot, booth & team uniform. As reigning champions we will be in the spotlight, both in USA and here in NZ.
- Or sponsorship for a team member: Drivers, Strategy Coach, Programmer, Alliance Scouts, Pit Crew, Team Captain.. (each team member would need $2500 to get them to the World Championships)
- Or sponsorship contribution of $500 towards a students total costs.
Outline Of Costs – 2013 VEX Robotics World Championship – ANAHEIM USA
|Air to Los Angeles
|$2,430||Team of 10 - $24,300|
|Banner/t-shirts (sponsor signage & branding)||$800|
|Team of 10 - $4,850|
||Team of 10 - $ 4,000|
|Deductions: Team has raised/been awarded|
|Air tickets to LAX x4
||N/A as of yet
|Royal Society grant
||N/A as of yet
We are looking as a Team to recover only the costs of the competition season and to return as much value as possible to the Sponsor
Our philosophy as a Team is that the investment required is negotiable in order to maximise the opportunity for both parties.