Our team strives to spread VEX Robotics throughout our local community, and assist other VEX teams.
Things we do for the public:
- Attending public events, demonstrating our robots and VEX Robotics
- Updates through our local newsletter on our team, hoping to inspire other high school students
- Monthly fundraisers, where we hand out Kiwibots flyers, display our banners, and tallk to the public about VEX and how they can get involved
Things we do for other VEX teams:
- Helpful tips on our website
- Programming guides on our website
- Assist as needed at scrimmages, especially with new teams
- Mentor and assist teams from around the world through the VEX Forums, Skype, and email
- Travel across New Zealand to help boost the VEX programme in other regions
- Help the Kiwibots wherever possible at competitions
See below for the public events we have attended to spread the word!
Today I (George), flew down to Christchurch to help boost their VEX programme. They have been slipping back recently, so it was a great experience for them to see a competitive VEX robot for the Toss Up game. They have taken inspiration, and stay in touch with George online.
We sent two team members along with the 2921B robot to demonstrate the robot and show VEX Robotics to the public. The event was held at the Auckland Central City Library.
We sent two team members to this event, to help run the Kiwibots VEX Laser Tag robots and the new VEX IQ demonstration table. It was a lot of fun and after volunteering for half a day, we were free to roam around the Armageddon Expo for the remainder of the day!
We sent three people and two robots to this event, demonstrating the VEX Robotics System through the game Sack Attack.